For nearly 15 years, world renowned chef Philippe Chow has been creating tasty and innovative family style cuisine at his popular NYC eateries, Philippe by Philippe Chow. But there’s one item on the menu that continues to reign supreme: his velvet chicken. “It’s a lighter Beijing dish that isn’t fried yet full of flavor,” Philippe tells OK!, encouraging readers to try the recipe for themselves. There’s a reason why it’s one of our most popular dishes!”
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 carrot
• 2 celery stalks
• 3 Chinese mushrooms
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• 3 tbsp chicken broth
• l tsp salt
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 2 chili peppers, chopped (optional)
1. Cut the chicken breasts into strips and chop vegetables into small pieces.
2. Put vegetable oil into a wok and heat it for 1 minute. When it’s hot, put chicken strips into the wok.
3. Add the chicken broth to the wok, followed by the chopped vegetables.
4. Stir ingredients for 30 seconds. Then add salt and cornstarch.
5. If you’d like the velvet chicken spicy, add chopped chili peppers to the wok.
6. Cook for 5 minutes and serve hot.